Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easter Treats: Hairbows Also Double as Cute Gift Bows

When we were out visiting over Christmas, I found the CUTEST little hairclips at a craft market in my husband's hometown. It's called the Old Sled Works, and it's worth stopping by if you're passing through the Harrisburg area. They had the cute, curly corker ribbon bows, and I even found one decorated to look like a little sheep!
The hairclips make a really adorable re-usable bow alternative to ribbons that just get thrown away, so I topped off their gift with a set. How cute is this?




I don't give anything food-related to the kids I sit for, because there are food allergies in the family, so they'll get a smallish gift instead.

Our local independent bookstore had a cute game. It's animal bingo, and it looks like they'll have a lot of fun playing together. It's rated 5+, but I think it can be simplified for littles if necessary. The illustrations look beautiful! I think they might have as much fun playing with the animal tiles as actually playing the game.



I wrapped that up, but still wanted to give each sibling a little treat. It turns out that the Imaginext figures - they make things like superheroes and knights - fit quite well into a large plastic egg, if you put the figures in a sitting position. Big Brother is really into superheroes, and Miss Munchkin really wanted a Wonder Woman, so I split up a two-pack for them. They also offer Wonder Woman and her Invisible Jet, if you're looking for a fun set for a young Wonder Woman fan.

The big eggs are great, because they have two little holes in the top and bottom. I threaded some ribbon through the top of each egg and taped it to the top of their wrapped board game. These make a good decoration to add to the top of an Easter package if you have small things to give.


I just love how this little gift ended up looking, all wrapped up!









No comments:

Post a Comment